- Isolation of adhesive mucus from snails collected from Eastern India and studies on their adhesive properties
- Purification and Biochemical Characterization of the Non Structural Protein 3 (nsP3) of Chikungunya virus.
Member of Laboratory Development Committee and Library Development CommitteeAwards & Honours
- Visiting Research Associateship from Indiana University, USA, 2008
- Research Associateship from CSIR, India, 2006 – 2008
- Research Assistantship from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Maryland, USA, 2000 – 2006
- Department of Biotechnology of India Fellowship for M.Tech. in Biotechnology 1997 – 1999
1. Verma S, Newar J, Manoswini M, Dhal AK, Ghatak A. Interactions of the nsP3 proteins of CHIKV with the human host protein NAP1 plays a significant role in viral pathogenesis–An in silico study. Human Gene 2023; 36: 201182-201197.
2. Newar J, Verma S, Ghatak A. Effect of Metals on Underwater Adhesion of Gastropod Adhesive Mucus. ACS Omega 2021; 6(24):15580-15589.
3. Ghatak A, Julin DA. Kinetics of ATP-stimulated nuclease activity of the Escherichia coli RecBCD enzyme. J Mol Biol 2006;361:954-68.
4. Ghatak A, Mandal PC, Sarkar M. Indomethacin: A NSAID Sensitive to Micro Heterogeneity in Alcohol-Water Mixture. Chem Phys Lett 2008;460:521-4.
5. Newar J and Ghatak A, Studies on the Adhesive Property of Snail Adhesive Mucus. Langmuir 2015; 31(44):12155–60.