M.Sc., M. Phil, Ph. D., D.Sc.Projects
- Completed one R & D Project of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India, Vide Letter No. 02(0058)/12/EMR-II at School of Biotechnology, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. [Title of the Project: Chitosan Based Matrix Systems for Controlled Drug Release].
- Ongoing one Minor Research project of UGC, Govt. Of India at School of Biotechnology, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. [Title of the Project: To Study of Biochemical / Microbial indices of Water / Soil Sample of Mangrove Ecosystem of Mahanadi River Delta, Odisha, India]
Awards & Honours
- Batch Coordinator.
- Mentor of students.
- Ph. D. Course work coordinator.
- Syllabus Committee.
- Plant Biotechnology Lab. in charge.
- Board of studies member of KISS
- Recipient of Sorojini G. Panigrahi young scientist award for the best presentation of research paper in 26th Annual conference, 2001 of Odisha Botanical Society, Organized by CRRI, Cuttack, Odisha, India.
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from CSIR, Govt. of India.
- Life Member of Indian Science Congress, India.
- Life Member of Odisha Botanical Society (OBS), Odisha, India.
- Life Member of BARC (Botanist Association of Ravenshaw College).
- Board of studies member of KISS.
- Help the patients for Admission in KIMS , perform different types of tests & purchase of medicines from KIMS pharmacy.
1. Siddharth, S., Nayak, A., Nayak, D., Bindhani, B. K., & Kundu, C. N. (2017). Chitosan-Dextran sulfate coated doxorubicin loaded PLGA-PVA-nanoparticles caused apoptosis in doxorubicin resistance breast cancer cells through induction of DNA damage. Scientific reports, 7(1), 1-10.
2. Hembram, K. C., Kumar, R., Kandha, L., Parhi, P. K., Kundu, C. N., & Bindhani, B. K. (2018). Therapeutic prospective of plant-induced silver nanoparticles: application as antimicrobial and anticancer agent. Artificial cells, nanomedicine, and biotechnology, 46(sup3), S38-S51.
3. Kumar, R., Kumari, K., Hembram, K. C., Kandha, L., & Bindhani, B. K. (2019). Expression of an endo α-1, 3-Glucanase gene from Trichoderma harzianum in rice induces resistance against sheath blight. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 28(1), 84-90.
4. Hembram, K. C., Chatterjee, S., Sethy, C., Nayak, D., Pradhan, R., Molla, S., Bindhani, B. K. & Kundu, C. N. (2019). Comparative and mechanistic study on the anticancer activity of quinacrine-based silver and gold hybrid nanoparticles in head and neck cancer. Molecular Pharmaceutics, 16(7), 3011-3023.
5. Mohapatra, R. K., Parhi, P. K., Pandey, S., Bindhani, B. K., Thatoi, H., & Panda, C. R. (2019). Active and passive biosorption of Pb (II) using live and dead biomass of marine bacterium Bacillus xiamenensis PbRPSD202: Kinetics and isotherm studies. Journal of environmental management, 247, 121-134.
6. Hembram, K. C., Dash, S. R., Das, B., Sethy, C., Chatterjee, S., Bindhani, B. K., & Kundu, C. N. (2020). Quinacrine based gold hybrid nanoparticle caused apoptosis through modulating replication fork in oral cancer stem cells. Molecular Pharmaceutics.
7. Rout, A., Jena, P. K., Sahoo, D., Parida, U. K., & Bindhani, B. K. (2014). Green synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles for antimicrobial activity against burn wounds contaminating bacteria. International Journal of Nanoscience, 13(02), 1450010.
8. Bindhani, B. K., & Panigrahi, A. K. (2015). Biosynthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles (SNPs) by using leaf extracts of Ocimum Sanctum L (Tulsi) and study of its antibacterial activities. J. Nanomed. Nanotechnol, 1, S6.
9. Parida, U. K., & Bindhani, B. K. (2015). Cross-linked chitosan-sodium sulfate matrix systems using gel casting method for sustained drug release of doxorubicin hydrochloride. matrix, 19, 20.
10. Kandha, L., Kumar, R., Hembram, K. C. & Bindhani B. K. (2019). Chitosan-based in-vitro propagation of banana (Cv. Grand Naine) and its genetic uniformity assessment. Research Journal of Biotechnology, 14 (12), 22–29.
1. Parida, U. K., Bindhani, B. K., Biswal, S. K. & Nayak P. L. (2015). Advances in cellulose based graft copolymers prepared via controlled polymerization methods: A comprehensive Review. Name of the Book: Cellulose – Based Graft Copolymers, Structural Chemistry, CRC Press, TAYLOR & FRANCIS GROUP, Boca Raton, London, New York. Pp. 89 - 122.
2. Parida, U. K., Das, S., Jena, P. K., Rout, N. & Bindhani B. K.(2016). Plant Mediated Green Synthesis of Metallic Nanoparticles: Challenges & Opportunities. Name of the Book: Fabrication & Self Assembly of Nanobiomaterials - Apllications of Nanobiomaterials, Vol-1, Publisher of ELSEVIER, Pp. 148 - 177.
3. Nayak, P. L., Nayak, P. & Bindhani, B. K., 2014. Environmental Studies (For Degree Students of All Universities and Autonomous Colleges), Kalyani Publishers, India.
4. Parida, U. K. & Bindhani B. K. (2017). A scientific Research Data Analysis Book-Green Gold, Newredmars Education Pvt. Ltd. India