- Talazoparib (BMN-673) a PARP inhibitor and quinacrine synergistically induces apoptosis in buccal mucosa CSCs by inhibiting the DNA repair cascade (PI) (ICMR funded, 2019-2022)
- Targeting Sarcolipin-based muscle energy expenditure to provide protection against type-II diabetes (Co-PI) (DBT funded, 2019-2022)
- Synthesis and evaluation of 198 Au based nanoparticulate system for radiotherapy against breast cancer (Co-PI) (BRNS funded, 2018-2021)
- Olaparib (AZD2281) a PARP inhibitor and curcumin synergistically induces apoptosis in oral cancer stem cells by inhibiting the DNA repair cascade (PI) (DBT funded, 2018-2021)
- Quinacrine and silver based hybrid nanoparticle caused apoptosis in oral cancer stem cells by inhibiting induction of base excision repair pathway (PI) (ICMR funded, 2018-2021)
- Study of estrogen receptor alpha (ER-a) in breast cancer patients with reference to local population (Co-PI) (DBT funded, 2013-2016)
- Study the role of Nectin-4 (a pvrl 4 encoded gene) as a biomarker for angiogenesis in metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) (PI) (DST-SERB funded, 2017-2020)
- Development of a potent anti-cervical cancer drug using bioactive small molecule Quinacrine- nanoparticle (PI) (ICMR funded, 2015-2018)
- Evaluate the mechanism of resveratrol mediated apoptosis in cigarette smoke induced breast cancer (PI) (DBT funded, 2010-2013)
- Improvement of 5 flurouracil mediated cytotoxicity of colon cancer cells by novel approaches (PI) (ICMR-funded, 2010-2013)
- Evaluation of anti-cancer potentiality of bio-active compound quinacrine in preclinical models of breast cancer (PI) (ICMR-funded, 2009-2012)
Life member of Indian Association for Cancer Research, Society of Biological Science, All India Council for Technical Education, Indian Science Congress
- Design of MSC Biotechnology, Applied Microbiology and M.Tech Biotechnology Syllabus
- Member of Board of Studies
- Course co-ordinator of MSc Biotechnology
- Co-ordinator of NET/GATE preparation training, etc.
1. Chatterjee, Subhajit, and Chanakya Nath Kundu. "Nanoformulated quinacrine regulates NECTIN-4 domain specific functions in cervical cancer stem cells." European Journal of Pharmacology 883 (2020): 173308.
2. Hembram, Krushna Chandra, et al. "Quinacrine based gold hybrid nanoparticle caused apoptosis through modulating replication fork in oral cancer stem cells." Molecular Pharmaceutics (2020).
3. Nayak, Deepika, et al. "Quinacrine and curcumin synergistically increased the breast cancer stem cells death by inhibiting ABCG2 and modulating DNA damage repair pathway." The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 119 (2020): 105682.
4. Sethy, Chinmayee, et al. "Clinical significance of a pvrl 4 encoded gene Nectin-4 in metastasis and angiogenesis for tumor relapse." Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology 146.1 (2020): 245-259.
5. Nayak, Anmada, et al. "Nanoquinacrine sensitizes 5-FU-resistant cervical cancer stem-like cells by down-regulating Nectin-4 via ADAM-17 mediated NOTCH deregulation." Cellular Oncology 42.2 (2019): 157-171.
6. Satapathy, Shakti Ranjan, et al. "Metallic gold and bioactive quinacrine hybrid nanoparticles inhibit oral cancer stem cell and angiogenesis by deregulating inflammatory cytokines in p53 dependent manner." Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine 14.3 (2018): 883-896.
7. Siddharth, Sumit, et al. "Nectin-4 is a breast cancer stem cell marker that induces WNT/β-catenin signaling via Pi3k/Akt axis." The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 89 (2017): 85-94.
8. Das, Sarita, et al. "Quinacrine induces apoptosis in cancer cells by forming a functional bridge between TRAIL-DR5 complex and modulating the mitochondrial intrinsic cascade." Oncotarget 8.1 (2017): 248.
9. Siddharth, Sumit, et al. "ABT-888 and quinacrine induced apoptosis in metastatic breast cancer stem cells by inhibiting base excision repair via adenomatous polyposis coli." DNA repair 45 (2016): 44-55.
10. Preet, Ranjan, et al. "Chk1 inhibitor synergizes quinacrine mediated apoptosis in breast cancer cells by compromising the base excision repair cascade." Biochemical Pharmacology 105 (2016): 23-33.
1. Kundu, Chanakya Nath, et al. "Anticancer Drugs Designed by Mother Nature: An Old Lock Needs a New Key.
2. Kundu, Chanakya Nath, Gopal C. Majumder, and Ranjan Preet. "Cryopreservation of spermatozoa: recent biotechnological advancement in gamete preservation technology. Biomedical Engineering and Information Systems: Technologies, Tools and Applications. IGI Global, 2011. 277-302.
3. Saha, Sudipta, et al. "Biochemical Parameters of Sperm Flagellar Motility Initiation and Regulation.