Awards & Honours
- Indo-South Africa project (DST/INT/South Africa/P- 10/2021) Vitamin biofortification through fermentation of common energy- dense foods of India and South Africa for young children 3-10 years (Co-PI), 2021-2024.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR-3/1/2(11)/Gastro/2019-NCD-II) Elucidating the role of synergistic combinations of probiotics and targeted dietary phenolics to combat Inflammatory Bowel Disease (PI) 2019-2021.
- Dept of Science & Technology DST, Govt of India (SEED/TSP/CODER/008/2012) Novel Formulation and Technology Optimization for Synbiotic fruit beverages (PI) 2014-2017
- Dept of Biotechnology. Govt. of India (DBT-BIRAC, Govt of India, BT/SPARSH/0065/01/2015) Low–cost technology for Probiotics Products For women and Children (PI) 2015-2017.
- Tribal Federation of India, TRIFED (TFD/HO/R&D/09-10/11/2380) Production of Nutrabeverages from Mahua flowers (PI) 2010-2012.
- Secretary Elect of Indian Association of Food Protection in North America (IAFPNA) 2023 ( Indian Association for Food Protection in North America (iafpna.org)
- Best Mini Review award from Federation of European Microbiologist Society, 2022
- Visiting Scientist fellowship at Centre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement (CIRAD), Montpellier, France 2017
- DST-BOYSCAST Fellowship at Institute of Molecular Biological Sciences, Frankfurt University, Germany, 2007
- CSIR Research Associateship at IIT-Kharagpur 2002-2005
- CSIR Junior Research Fellow at IIT-Kharagpur 1995-2000
1. Dey, G., Ghosh, A., Tangirala, R.K, 2022, “Technological convergence” of preventive nutrition with non thermal processing, Journal of Food Processing & preservation, https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.16508
2. Santos, F.H., Panda, S., Mota Ferreira, D.C., Dey, G., Molina, G., Maria Pelissari, F. 2022, Targeting infections and inflammation through micro and nano-nutraceuticals, Food Bioscience,49: 101891. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fbio.2022.101891.
3. Mahanta, S., Sivakumar, P.S., Parhi, P., Gargi Dey, panda, SH., Sireswar, S., Panda, SK. (2022)Sour beer production in India using a coculture of Saccharomyces pastorianus and Lactobacillus plantarum: optimization, microbiological, and biochemical profiling. Braz J Microbiol 53, 947–958. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42770-022-00691- 8 .
4. Srijita Sireswar, Gargi Dey, Sutapa Biswas, 2021, Influence of fruit-based beverages on efficacy of Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus GG (Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG) against DSS- induced intestinal inflammation, Food Research International, Volume 149, 110661, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2021.110661
5. Gargi Dey, Sohom Mookherjee, 2021, Probiotics-targeting new milestones from gut health to mental health, FEMS Microbiology Letters, Volume 368, Issue 15, , fnab096, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/femsle/fnab096,
6. Gargi Dey & Srijita Sirswar, 2021, Tailoring functional beverages from fruits and vegetables for specific disease conditions-are we there yet? Critical Reviews in Food Science & Nutrition Vol 61 (12), 2034-2046, https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2020.1769021
7. S Sireswar, S Biswas and Gargi Dey, Adhesion and anti-inflammatory potential of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG in a sea buckthorn based beverage matrix, Food & Function, 2020, 11, 2555-2572, DOI: 10.1039/c9fo02249j.
8. S Sireswar, I Ghosh, G Dey, First and second generation Probiotic therapeutics for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Pharma Nutrition, Volume 9, September 2019, 100159, 1-16 Doi.org/10.1016/j.phanu.2019.100159.
9. Srijita Sireswar and Gargi Dey Matrix-wise evaluation of in vivo and in vitro efficiencies of L. rhamnosus GG-fortified beverages, Food Research International, Volume 119, (2019), p- 908-919. DOI: 10.1016/j.foodres.2018.10.077
10. S Sireswar, I Ghosh, K Dey, L Behera, M rezza, S Das, G Dey. Evaluation of probiotic-food beverage matrix interaction for efficient control of Enterobacter aerogenes and Staphylococcus aureus, J Food Protection (2019) Vol. 82:4, 669-676. DOI: 10.4315/0362- 028X.JFP-18-492
11. Gargi Dey. Are roots and tuber crops the new super foods? Some new evidences, Int J Food and Fermentation Technol, (2018), 8(1), 15-26. DOI: 10.30954/2277-9396.01.2018.3.
12. Srijita Sireswar, Didier Montet, Gargi Dey, Principal component analysis for clustering probiotic-fortified beverage matrices efficient in elimination of Shigella sp, Fermentation,
(2018), 4: 34, 1-9.
13. Srijita Sireswar, Gargi Dey, Kinjol Dey, Arkashish Kundu, Evaluation of probiotic L rhamnosus GG as a protective probiotic culture in seabuckthorn-based beverage, Beverage (2017), 3: 48, 1-9.
14. Srijita Sireswar, Gargi Dey, Suondayra K, Dipon S, Design of probiotic-fortified food matrices influence their antipathogenic potential, Food Biosciences (2017), 20: 28-35. DOI.10.1016/j.fbio.2017.08.002 .
15. Md. Latiful Bari, Alexandru Grumezescu, Dike O. Ukuku, Gargi Dey and Tatsuro Miyaji, New Food Processing Technologies and Food Safety, Journal of Food Quality (2017), 1-2, DOI: org/10.1155/2017/3535917.
16. Gargi Dey. Harnessing of Functional Food Strategies from Traditional Food Processing, Int J Food and Fermentation Technol, (2014) Vol. 4, Iss. 1.
17. Surabhi Soni and Gargi Dey, Perspectives on global fermented foods. British Food Journal, (2014), 116 (11), 1767-1787.
18. Bharti Negi, Rajdeep Kaur, Gargi Dey, Protective effects of a novel sea buckthorn wine on oxidative stress and hypercholesterolaemia, Food and Function (Royal Society of Chemistry Publication), (2013), 4, 240-248. DOI: 10.1039/c2fo30125c.
19. Bharti Negi and Gargi Dey, Effect of co-fermentation by S. cerevisiae and I. orientalis on sea buckthorn juice, International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition (2013), Vol. 64, No. 4 , 508-513; DOI: 10.3109/09637486.2012.759182.
20. Negi, B., Sharma, P., Kashyap, S., Seth, S. and Dey, G, Screening of yeast strains for vinification of fruits from cold desert regions of North West India, International Food Research Journal,( 2013), 20(2), 975-979.
21. Akanksha Gandhi & Gargi Dey, Fermentation responses and in vitro radical scavenging activities of Fagopyrum esculentum, International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition. 2013, 64(1), 53-57.
22. B Negi, G Dey, Comparative analysis of total phenolic content in sea buckthorn wine and other selected fruit wines, World Acad Sci Eng Technol (2009), 54, 99-102.
23. G Dey, B Negi, A Gandhi, Can fruit wines be considered as functional food?–an overview, Nat Prod Rad (2009) 8, 314-322.
24. D Sircar, G Dey, A Mitra, A validated HPLC method for simultaneous determination of 2- hydroxy-4-methoxybenzaldehyde and 2-hydroxy-4-methoxybenzoic acid in root organs of Hemidesmus indicus, Chromatographia (2007) 65 (5-6), 349-353.
25. M Chakraborty, K Das, G Dey, A Mitra, Unusually high quantity of 4-hydroxybenzoic acid accumulation in cell wall of palm mesocarps , Biochemical systematics and ecology (2006) 34 (6), 509-513.
26. G Dey, M Chakraborty, A Mitra, Profiling C 6–C 3 and C 6–C 1 phenolic metabolites in Cocos nucifera, Journal of plant physiology (2005) 162 (4), 375-381.
27. G Dey, A Sachan, S Ghosh, A Mitra, Detection of major phenolic acids from dried mesocarpic husk of mature coconut by thin layer chromatography, Industrial Crops and Products (2003) 18 (2), 171-176.
28. G Dey, S Bhupinder, R Banerjee, Immobilization of alpha-amylase produced by Bacillus circulans GRS 313 , Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology (2003) 46 (2), 167-176.
29. G Dey, S Palit, R Banerjee, BR Maiti, Purification and characterization of maltooligosaccharide-forming amylase from Bacillus circulans GRS 313 , Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology (2002) 28 (4), 193-200.
30. G Dey, V Nagpal, R Banerjee, Immobilization of α-amylase from Bacillus circulans GRS 313 on coconut fiber, Applied biochemistry and biotechnology (2002) 102 (1-6), 303-313.
31. G Dey, A Mitra, R Banerjee, BR Maiti, Enhanced production of amylase by optimization of nutritional constituents using response surface methodology, Biochemical Engineering Journal (2001), 7 (3), 227-231.
1. Gargi Dey and Ramesh Ray, Biotransformation of tuber crop ingredients with lactic acid bacteria-focus on functional food and disease prevention. 2020; 41-56, In: Functional Food and Biotechnology: biotransformation and analysis of functional food and ingredients, Editors: Kalidas Shetty and Dipayan Sarkar, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Publications, Boca Raton, USA, ISBN: 9780367435226)
2. Gargi Dey and S. Sireswar, Emerging Functional Beverages: Fruit wines and transgenic wines, 2019, 471-514. Alcoholic beverages, Vol 7 The science of Beverages, Editors: A.M. Grumezescu and A.M. Holban, Woodhead Publihing, Elsevier, ISBN:978-0-12-815269-0.
3. Gargi Dey, Non dairy probiotics foods: Innovations and market trends, 2018, 159-174, In: Innovations in Technologies in fermented foods and beverages, Editors: Sandeep K. Panda and P.K. Shetty Halady Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-74820-7.
4. Gargi Dey and Didier Montet, Chemical and biological barcodes or markers in food traceability – a case study on wines, 2018, pp 90-115, In: Food Traceability and Authenticity: Emerging Analytical Techniques, Editors: D Montet and R C. Ray, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Publications, Boca Raton, USA, ISBN 9781498788427.