MSc. , MPhil., PhD.
Received a grant from Dept. of Biotechnology, New Delhi for a project entitled “ study on Estrogen Receptor – alpha on breast cancer with reference to local population” ( Sanction no: BT/Bio-Care/08/366/2010-2011) under Bio-CARe program.
Awards & Honours
Received State Young Scientist Award for the Year 2002 from the Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt.of Odisha, India.
Life Member of Indian Association of Cancer Research
1. Giri RK, Parija T and Das BR, D-limonene Chemoprevention of Hepatocarcinogenesis in AKR mice. Inhabitation of C-jun and C-myc, Oncology Reports, 6, 123-127, 1999.
2. Sahu GR, Nayak BK, Patnaik S, Parija T and Das BR, Rearrangement of P53 gene with over expressed P53 protein in Primary Cervical Cancer, Oncology Reports, 9, 433-437, 2002.
3. Parija T & Das BR, Involvement of YY1 and its correlation with c-myc in NDEA induced Hepatocarcinogenesis, its prevention by d-limonene, Molecular Biology Reports, 30(1), 41-46, 2003.
4. Parija T, Shirley S, Uma S, Rajalekshmy KR, Ayyappan S, Rajkumar T, Type 1 (11; 22) (q 24 : q12) translocation is common in Ewing’s Sarcoma/Peripheral Neuro Ectodermal Tumor in South Indian Patients, J.Biosciences, 30(3), 371-376, 2005.
5. Soumittra N, Meenakumari B, Parija T, Sridevi V, Nancy KN, Swaminathan R, Rajalekshmy KR, Majhi U, Rajkumar T, Molecular genetics analysis of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer patients in India. Hered Cancer Clin Pract.,6;7(1):13-23, 2009.
6. Mandal D, Parija T. Anticancer Mechanism of D-limonene: An Updated Review and Therapeutic Possibilities. Current Cancer Therapy Reviews. 2022 Aug 1;18(3):193-201.
7. Mandal D, Patel P, Verma SK, Sahu BR, Parija T. Proximal discrepancy in intrinsic atomic interaction arrests G2/M phase by inhibiting Cyclin B1/CDK1 to infer molecular and cellular biocompatibility of d-limonene. Scientific Reports. 2022 Oct 28;12(1):18184.
8. Mandal D, Sahu BR, Parija T. Combination of tamoxifen and D-limonene enhances therapeutic efficacy in breast cancer cells. Medical Oncology. 2023 Jun 30;40(8):216.
Sahu S, Parija T, Panda SK. Starter cultures: an insight into specific applications in flavoring and health promotion. InIndigenous Fermented Foods for the Tropics 2023 Jan 1 (pp. 409-418). Academic Press. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-323-98341-9.00015-3