1. DBT Biocare (2017-2020) on ""Production of chitin and chitosan oligomers by Novel Streptomyces strains isolated from Chilika lake, and their use as bio protective agent developing an economically viable process -[ 20052 ]"" 2. IBSD/A1/P(PH-2)/1 :“Bio prospecting microbial diversity in benthic and littoral regions of Loktak Lake for effective management and sustainable development
Course coordinator for BSc LLB 1st and 2nd semester
Awards & Honours
Qualified ICAR (NET)
1. Behera, H.T., Mojumdar, A., Das, S.R., Jena, S. and Ray, L., 2020. Production of N- acetyl chitooligosaccharide by novel Streptomyces chilikensis strain RC1830 and its evaluation for anti-radical, anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative and cell migration potential. Bioresource Technology Reports, p.100428.
2. Ray, L. and Adhya, T.K., 2020. Energy, nutrient, and water resource recovery from agriculture and aquaculture wastes. In Current Developments in Biotechnology and Bioengineering (pp. 343-362). Elsevier.
Panda, A.N., Ray, L., Mishra, S.R. and Raina, V., 2020. Rheinheimera pleomorphica sp. nov., a Novel Alkali-Tolerant Bacteria Isolated from Chilika Lake, India. Current microbiology, 77(1), pp.158-165.
3. Mohammed, S., Behera, H.T., Dekebo, A. and Ray, L., 2019. Optimization of the culture conditions for production of Polyhydroxyalkanoate and its characterization from a new Bacillus cereus sp. BNPI-92 strain, isolated from plastic waste dumping yard. International journal of biological macromolecules.
4. Mohammed, S., Panda, A.N. and Ray, L., 2019. An investigation for recovery of polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA) from Bacillus sp. BPPI-14 and Bacillus sp. BPPI-19 isolated from plastic waste landfill. International journal of biological macromolecules, 134, pp.1085-1096.
5. Behera, H.T., Upadhyay, A.K., Raina, V. and Ray, L., 2019. Optimization of media components for the production of N-acetylchitooligosaccharide from chitin by Streptomyces chilikensis through Taguchi experimental design. Journal of microbiological methods, 159, pp.194-199.
6. . Mojumdar, A., Upadhyay, A.K., Raina, V. and Ray, L., 2019. A simple and rapid colorimetric method for the estimation of chitosan produced by microbial degradation of chitin waste. Journal of microbiological methods, 158, pp.66-70.
7.. Ray, L., Panda, A.N., Mishra, S.R., Pattanaik, A.K., Adhya, T.K., Suar, M. and Raina, V., 2019. Purification and characterization of an extracellular thermo-alkali stable, metal tolerant chitinase from Streptomyces chilikensis RC1830 isolated from a brackish water lake sediment. Biotechnology Reports, 21, p.e00311.
8. Panda, A.N., Mishra, S.R., Ray, L., Das, S., Rastogi, G., Pattanaik, A.K., Adhya, T.K., Suar, M. and Raina, V., 2018. Taxonomic description and genome sequence of Halobacillus marinus sp. nov., a novel strain isolated from Chilika Lake, India. journal of microbiology, 56(4), pp.223-230.
Ray, L. and Adhya, T.K., 2020. Energy, nutrient, and water resource recovery from agriculture and aquaculture wastes. In Current Developments in Biotechnology and Bioengineering (pp. 343-362). Elsevier
Bhattacharyya, B., Behera, H.T., Mojumdar, A., Raina, V. and Ray, L., 2019. Polyhydroxyalkanoates: Resources, Demands and Sustainability. Soil Microenvironment for Bioremediation and Polymer Production, pp.253-270.
Upadhyay, A.K., Mojumdar, A., Raina, V. and Ray, L., 2019. Eco‐Friendly and Economical Method for Detoxification of Pesticides by Microbes. Soil Microenvironment for Bioremediation and Polymer Production, pp.95-113.
Mojumdar, A., Behera, H.T. and Ray, L., 2019. Streptomyces Chitinase: Diversity, Biotechnological Applications and Sustainable Bioproduction. Advances in Medicine and Biology, 155.
Raina, V., Nayak, T., Ray, L., Kumari, K. and Suar, M., 2019. A Polyphasic Taxonomic
Approach for Designation and Description of Novel Microbial Species. In Microbial Diversity in the Genomic Era (pp. 137-152). Academic Press